TRILLER FUMBLED THE BAG! TEOFIMO LOPEZ VS GEORGE KAMBOSOS JR NOW w/MATCHROOM POSS. NOV OR DEC DATE

Triller

Article by Rick Mohamed

Triller lost its ability to promote the Teofimo Lopez vs George Kambosos Jr. lightweight unification title fight to Matchroom & CEO Eddie Hearn due to its inability to secure & stage the fight. Earlier, Triller won the rights to promote the fight during a purse bid, outbidding everyone to the tune of $6 million. 

Matchroom came in 2nd, with a $3.2 million bid. The fight was set, but was faced with several setbacks, especially when Lopez tested positive for Covid. 

After setting several dates that eventually fell through, Triller seemed to finally settle on an October date, which Lopez agreed to, but Kambosos did not, squashing that date. 

That was the straw that broke the camel’s back, and Triller was declared to be in default: Matchroom now receives the rights Triller forfeited, and the 2 fighters will split the $1.2 million deposit. Lopez will get 75%, or $900K, and Kambosos Jr will receive the remaining 25%, or $300K. 

This news was broken to many folks by Top Rank CEO Bob Arum at the Wilder vs Fury 3 press conference on Wed. Oct 4, 2021 in the post-press conference interview sessions. Matchroom & CEO Eddie Hearn will probably do a quick turnaround and earn a nice December Christmas payday, scheduling the fight either in late November or December. 

In other news, Teofimo Lopez revealed that the past year has been very difficult for him psychologically, as it has for many of us. As a result, on 3 occasions, he has actually contemplated suicide. 

Mental health is a very serious issue, and it is good that Lopez speak up that he was mentally challenged at few times during stressful times. Let us never forget the old saying: a sound mind dwells in a sound body. 

You can go to the gym and get a healthy body. You can jog and buy gym equipment to have a sound, healthy body, but it’s not as easy to get a sound, healthy mind. 

If you or someone you know is having issues with mental health, please get help immediately. There’s no shame at all in working to get a sound & healthy mind. To get immediate help, please call the National Suicide Prevention Line: 1(800)273-8255.

LETSGOCHAMPS!! 

#THEBRAWLERSSPORTSBOXINGSHOW
LETSGOCHAMPS!
 

Share:

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter

About the Author

Brawlers Sports Media is a media company that built their level of reporting boxing news to all the boxing fans out there from ground zero. CEO Rick Mohamed vows to deliver top quality content and one on one interviews as well as articles for the boxing communities’ entertainment.

Wilder vs Fury 3 Mask

HURRY - LIMITED TIME - Wilder vs. Fury 3 Masks Available NOW!

GET THE LATEST UPDATES

OUR NEWSLETTER DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!